Eight years ago there was no Amanda McGreevy, Kellen, or Aiden. There was no Will “Weel” & Beth, Rue, or Chief. There was no Curtis either. There was no Santa Fe or Taos, at least for us. Brendan was in high school, I was at Newman, and Megan was at KSU or Butler or ??? where was Megan? Needless to say there was no Heart Classic golf tournaments or private jets to get to them. A lot can happen in 8 years and a lot did. Now it is time to make a lot happen somewhere else. See ya later Lubbock. Hello Tyler.
I’ll miss hanging out in this backyard .
Kellen looks so serious. Don’t want to mess up Papa’s plants.
The annual Heart Ball. The big man looks sharp with the red bowtie.
All smiles with Nana. What a clown.
No more haircuts from Joe and Pops at the Barber shop. Surprisingly, Kellen probably received the majority of his haircuts in his life from Lubbock.
No more Tech football and basketball games. Probably one of the perks I’ll miss most.
The annual Lubbock Heart Hospital Christmas party. I know a guy at the law school will be happy to know at least one CEO was tight and hosted the party instead of renting something out.
CLASSIC. Besides totally being a gomer, he is also digging up Papa’s yard, which pissed him off but made Nana laugh. This was a regular occurrence while down there.
Christmas time is always great in this house.
Evening tradition was to sit outside and relax, this just happens to be my favorite.
Cheers to you Lubbock. Thanks for the memories!
No tears were shed during the making of this trip down memory lane. Not because it is not sad, but rather because I’M A MAN, I’M 30!
remember the emcee at the heart ball that said dad looked like Kevin Spacey
ReplyDelete